Monday 8 July 2013

A Jagged Verse

Recently, I wrote again. I wrote a poem. Now if you've read my past posts, you would know of the tumultuous relationship I've had with my writing. This was something born out of happiness, not negativity. I wasn't writing to impress anyone, or to prove anything. I just wrote to express.

It was liberating.

It's very experimental. I don't know how many people will understand what I mean to convey. There's no romance involved. It's just an account of human relationships, and how they flow.

Please leave feedback. I'd like to see how a poem born of satisfaction and calm reads to other people. 

A Jagged Verse

Taciturn tonight.
Dead inside.
A flame so bright.
Burning twice.
The song of ice.
Cold and lonely.
Shivering. Smiling.
Blanket of lies.

A blanket of lies.
Covering.
You and me.
From harsh light.
Light too bright.
We'd burn and blister.
Unable to survive.
Such beautiful light.

Unveiling.
Stripping.
All the deceit.
Gone up in smoke.
Acrid. Inhalations.
Exhale, mingle.
Cancerous. Like us.
Addictions.

Addictions.
Nurtured.
Vapourous coils.
Prisoners.
Morality and mortality.
Visions of which.
Illusions of space
Delusions of mine?

Delusions of mine.
Your reality.
A crystal city.
Crashing and crumbling.
Melodic chimes.
Born of destruction.
Regeneration.
A cycle of pain.

A cycle of pain.
Vicious. Unrelenting.
Entrapment.
Of the willing kind.
Variety of scars.
Decorations.
Medals of honour.
Survival.

Survival.
Delicious irony.
Cost too great.
Exchange of fates.
Still surviving. Still breathing.
Not feeling.
Numb.
Dead again.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like my morning routine. Waking up around 11, hiding from the light mom switches on under the blanket. My visit to the washroom and the pain I'm left in with glorious pleasure of victory. Happy ending and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA well that's definitely one way to look at it

      Delete
  2. loved the rhyming effect. Great attempt :) keep on going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean this is like absolutely amazing Harnidh. Yes,you really do deserve the praises: talented,blessed,gifted.

    You're so cool,so inpiring. I'm a fan :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I did publish your poetry on my tumblr blog,if you dont mind.To attract a wider public. ???

      Delete
    2. DANG, that's such a nice and actually awe-inspiring thing to say D:

      THANK YOU *virtual hug*

      As long as you credit with my blog's URL and my twitter handle, all's cool.

      Thank you again :')

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha {[]}
      (:
      Sure,i almost forgot that.will mention the URL too.
      (Y)

      Anytime.just bless me girl,i am trying my hands at poetry as well,immature poetry but it cures me,anyways :D
      xx

      Delete
    4. Aaaah please link me your stuff!

      Delete
  4. It just makes me sad that at 18, I was on Orkut and posting quotes from famous personalities in weird fonts and hoping people would think I came up with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes me happy to think that someone liked what I wrote :')

      Delete